The best things in life are green, like money and St. Patricks Day! Both play a huge role in the Print On-Demand world, and if you don’t consider this to be a major selling holiday – you’re missing out!
With an estimated $5.9 billion spent on the celebration and events for the St. Patrick’s Day holiday, it has become a popular shopping holiday that retailers are counting on to boost their bottom line in the Spring months.
Check out some of the top-line stats below. May the “luck of the Irish” be with you this year!
• Over 149 million people plan on celebrating the holiday in some way.
• 31% of shoppers will purchase apparel items to wear for the holiday.
• 18 to 24-years-olds will spend an average of $39 on this year’s St. Patrick’s Day purchases.
• $42 is the average that 25 to 34-year-olds will spend, making them the category with the highest average spending (and should be your target demographic).
• 35 to 44-year-olds will spend an average of $40.
• In the category of 45 to 54-year-olds, average spending stays consistent with $38.
• The first major drop comes in the age category of 55 to 64-year-olds who will spend an average of $33.
• The age category with the lowest per average spending is the 65 plus age group with $28.
With over one-half of all consumers planning on celebrating the St. Patrick’s Day holiday and spending almost $6 billion in sales, this major March holiday is a lucrative time for many bars, restaurants, and online retailers. Be sure you take advantage of this consistent trend!
Happy Selling! 🍻🍀🇮🇪